This summer, incoming fall start first-year students will have the option to attend a one-day orientation session. These sessions start at 8am and concludes around 5:00pm each day. Prior to arriving at orientation, you will receive a pre-orientation email to help prepare you to be successful at orientation. We also suggest you check out the First-Year to-do list prior to attending.
5 days prior to your session, you will be able to access your session schedule on the Welcome to UGA app for smartphones and tablets (alternate formats available upon request).
- Please keep in mind that attending a New Student Orientation session is optional. These sessions are designed for students who desire more in-depth assistance on the transition to UGA. These sessions will offer the opportunity to connect with other incoming students, campus staff, faculty and Orientation Leaders. It will also allow you to be even more prepared to be successful at UGA with campus tours, an introduction to dining halls, and resource and organizational fairs.
Please note that schedules are subject to change.
- Orientation Check-in
- Students and families can begin checking in at the Tate Student Center starting at 8:00am with the official welcome starting at 9:00am. From 8:00am-9:00am, students can pick up their official UGA ID, attend a Greek Life information session, or explore our UGA Resource fair with tables from a variety of UGA offices and programs.
- Parking for check-in and the duration of the orientation program will be in the Tate Student Center Parking Deck; students and families will receive a parking validation pass upon checking in.
- Pre-Program Options
- Make sure to arrive at 8:00am to take part in a number of orientation kickoff event!
- Resource Fair
- To kick off each of our orientation sessions, we will be hosting a variety of campus partners at our UGA resource fair. At the resource fair, these offices will be able to provide information and free swag to help connect you with the resources that they offer new students.
- Greek Life Information Session
- Come hear more about Greek Life and each of the individual 4 councils.
- Pick Up Your Official UGA ID.
- Dining at Orientation
- At orientation, lunch and dinner will be provided to incoming students in the Bolton Dining Hall. Parents and families will have the option to eat in the dining hall at a discounted price. There will also be retail locations open in Tate during the orientation session including Starbucks and Chick-Fil-A.