To-Do List for Transfer Students
Before you come for Orientation:
Below you will find a number of items that should be completed prior to coming to your Orientation session. As you complete the Pre-Orientation to-do list, please know that failure to complete any of these tasks may prevent you from being able to register for classes at your chosen Orientation session. Download a printable version of this checklist here.
1. Download the Welcome to UGA app for smartphones and tablets available in the Apple App Store and Google Play.
2. Clear all holds on your account. Holds can be viewed on the Application Status Check.
3. Have your official transcripts sent to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions from any high school, college or university where you have taken classes before your orientation session.
4. Set up your UGA Email Account: You should have received an email about your MyID shortly after being accepted to UGA. Whenever a student creates a MyID, a UGA Email account is automatically created. Be sure you know your MyID password before arriving for orientation. Emails in reference to academic advisement will be directed to this address prior to and during your orientation session. Need help? Visit myid.uga.edu or call the EITS Help Desk at 706-542-3106.
5. Pre-Orientation Placement Testing: Visit the University Testing Services page to determine if you need testing. Students are encouraged to schedule these tests prior to their Orientation session. Testing will depend on what Advanced Placement or International Baccalaureate exams you have taken; how you scored on SAT or ACT exams; and what exams you need to move forward.
6. Prepare for Advising & Course Registration: Review and complete the UGA Bulletin Instructions and Worksheet. Be sure to complete the intake survey and review the Orientation Advising page for questions about advising, majors, academic resources or major changes.
7. AlcoholEdu and HAVEN - You MUST complete part 1 of AlcoholEdu and Haven by the following deadlines:
| Semester Starting at UGA
||Deadline to Complete Part I
|Summer and Fall 2019
||Available in July
| Spring 2020
||Available in December
If you miss your deadline, you will see a hold on your registration preventing you from registering for the next semester's classes.