•Be enrolled full-time at the University of Georgia as an undergraduate student currently and for the Spring and Fall of 2017
• Be in good academic and judicial standing with the university and must not violate the student code of conduct or academic honor policy. A student may not hold the orientation leader position while on academic or disciplinary probation.
More importantly, an applicant should be someone with strong communication skills, genuine enthusiasm for the University of Georgia, a desire to learn and grow, and the ability to work well on a team.
The University of Georgia is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
An Orientation Leader will be expected to:
• Serve as a resource to students and families during and after Orientation by answering questions, sharing information and personal anecdotes, and connecting them to campus resources.
• Serve as group leader and discussion facilitator for students during each Orientation session.
• Live in the Orientation residence hall throughout the summer.
• Perform in skits and other presentations at Orientation.
• Assist new students with course registration during each Orientation session.
• Provide an engaging tour of campus to Orientation attendees that highlights the University's academic, athletic, and co-curricular opportunities as well as its history and traditions.
The 2019 Orientation Leaders must be available for the following dates:
• January – May 2019 Wednesdays from 3:00pm – 5:00pm: Weekly Training Meetings
• January 18 – 20, 2019: Orientation Leader Retreat
• February 2, 2019: Team Meeting
• February 16, 2019: Team Meeting
• March 2, 2019: Team Meeting
• March 13 – 17, 2019: Southern Regional Orientation Workshop in Orlando, FL
• May 19 – June 2, 2019: Orientation Leader Training
• June 3- August 12, 2019: Summer Orientation
• August 13, 2019: Freshmen Welcome
Apply to Be a 2019 Orientation Leader
Are you ready to commit to inspire and impact new students at the University of Georgia? Do you want to welcome the next generation of Dawgs to the University you love? If you're ready to learn, lead, be challenged, grow, and serve… Become an Orientation Leader! The Orientation Leader experience is a rewarding experience that provides opportunities for personal and professional growth.
The Orientation Leader Application is now live. Click here to begin your 2019 Orientation Leader Application. All applicants will need to create an account to fill out an application. Please use your UGA email address when creating your account.
In addition to providing basic personal information, applicants will submit a resume and a contact to serve as a reference. All applications should be submitted, with all supporting materials, by Monday, October 8th, 2018 at 5pm. You will be able to sign up for a group interview after submitting your application.
By applying to be an Orientation Leader, you give New Student Orientation permission to review your academic records, including high school & UGA GPA and University of Georgia judicial & academic honor record. If you do not meet the minimum GPA requirements or are not in good standing with the University, you will be notified via your UGA email that you will not be continuing in the selection process.
Applicants are required to attend one of our Information Sessions to learn more about the Orientation Leader experience, meet the New Student Orientation professional staff, and hear from previous Orientation Leaders. Information Sessions will take place at 6:00PM on the following dates:
Thursday, September 20th(MLC 150)
Tuesday, September 25th (MLC 150)
Thursday, September 27th (MLC 150)
Monday, October 1st (MLC 150)
Wednesday, October 3rd(MLC 148)
Applicants who have submitted a completed application will be prompted to sign up for a Group Interview. These interviews will be conducted October 10th-17th, 2018. All Group Interviews will take place in the Admissions Office Conference Room on the 2nd floor of Terrell Hall. They will last approximately 1 hour and attire for these interviews is business casual.
The Personal Introduction provides us with more information about students participating in the Individual Interview process. Submitted electronically in the application portal, applicants should provide us further insight into their personality, what they love about UGA, and why they want to be an Orientation Leader. All applicants moving forward in the interview process will need to submit their Personal Introduction before they will be able to sign up for an Individual Interview.
Applicants chosen to continue to the Individual Interview process will be able to sign up for an interview time slot in the application portal. All applicants must turn in their Personal Introduction piece before signing up for an Individual Interview. These interviews will occur November 5th-12th, 2018. All Individual Interviews will take place in Room 226 of Terrell Hall, the attire for these interviews is business professional, and these interviews will last approximately 30 minutes.
For additional information about the New Student Orientation program or the Orientation Leader Experience, refer to orientation.uga.edu or contact Tori Tanner (firstname.lastname@example.org).
All applications must be received by 5:00 p.m.
on Wednesday, October 8th, 2018 for consideration.
Frequently Asked Questions
We have created a guide to help address any questions you may have about the Orientation Leader application, interview process, and position.