Become an Orientation Leader
Are you ready to be the first to inspire and impact new students at the University of Georgia? Do you want to welcome the next generation of Dawgs to the University you love? If you're ready to learn, lead, be challenged, grow, and serve… Become an Orientation Leader! The Orientation Leader experience is a rewarding experience that provides opportunities for personal and professional growth.
We have already selected the team for the 2016-2017 academic year. To apply for the 2017-2018 academic year, check back here in September 2017. See below for information about the qualifications, position responsibilities, and application process.
Qualified applicants must:
• Be enrolled full-time at the University of Georgia as an undergraduate student currently and for the Spring and Fall of 2017.
• Be in good academic and judicial standing with the university and must not violate the student code of conduct or academic honor policy. A student may not hold the orientation leader position while on academic or disciplinary probation.
• Must maintain a minimum GPA of a 2.75
More importantly, an applicant should be someone with strong communication skills, genuine enthusiasm for the University of Georgia, a desire to learn and grow, and the ability to work well on a team.
The University of Georgia is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
An Orientation Leader will be expected to:
• Serve as a resource to students and families during and after Orientation by answering questions, sharing information and personal anecdotes, and connecting them to campus resources.
• Serve as group leader and discussion facilitator for students during each Orientation session.
• Live in the Orientation residence hall throughout the summer.
• Perform in skits and other presentations at Orientation.
• Assist new students with course registration during each Orientation session.
• Provide an engaging tour of campus to Orientation attendees that highlights the University's academic, athletic, and co-curricular opportunities as well as its history and traditions.
Frequently Asked Questions
We have created a guide to help address any questions you may have about the Orientation Leader application, interview process, and position.