Apply to be a 2024 Orientation Leader
The 2024 Orientation Leader application will open on Thursday, August 31 at 8am and close on September 21st at 11:59pm. The process includes an online application, group interviews, a creative personal introduction, and an invite-only individual interview.
The online application will have two parts. The first part includes questions regarding your major, year, involvements, and experiences at UGA. The second part will ask you to record a response to 1 video essay question. You will be given three (3) minutes to prepare a response to each question and have forty five (45) seconds to give your response. You will have the ability to re-record your answer once.
An applicant for the 2024 Orientation Leader team must:
- Be enrolled full-time at the University of Georgia as an undergraduate student currently and for the Spring and Fall of 2024
- Be in good academic and judicial standing
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75
- Not take classes or have another job during Summer 2024
An Orientation Leader will be expected to do the following:
- Serve as a resource to students and families during and after Orientation by answering questions, sharing information and personal anecdotes, and connecting them to campus resources.
- Serve as a group leader and discussion facilitator for students during each Orientation session.
- Live in the Orientation residence hall throughout the summer.
- Perform in skits and other presentations at Orientation.
- Complete various orientation tasks including but not limited to providing an engaging tour of campus, serving on panels, administrative duties, and social media posts.
The 2024 Orientation Leaders must be available for the following dates:
- November 29, 2023, 3:00pm-5:00pm
- First Team Meeting
- January 10, 2024 – April 24, 2024 – All Wednesdays from 3:00pm-5:00pm
- Weekly Training Meetings
- January 12-14, 2024
- Orientation Leader Retreat
- February 3, 2024, 9:00am-2:00pm
- Saturday Team Meeting
- February 17, 2024, 9:00am-2:00pm
- Saturday Team Meeting
- Thursday, March 7, 2024 – Sunday, March 10, 2024
- Southern Regional Orientation Workshop (SROW)
- March 30, 2024, 9:00am-5:00pm
- Team Meeting
- May 16 – 29, 2024
- Orientation Leader May Day Training
- May 30 – August 4, 2024
- Summer Orientation
- June 22, 2024
- Mid-summer Retreat
- August 12, 2024
- Late Orientation Session
- August 13, 2024
- Freshmen Welcome
- Fall 2024
- WelcomeUGA Events
- Co-facilitate a UNIV Seminar course
- Spring 2025 Orientation Sessions
- TBD – More information will be available in Spring 2024.
**Any prospective applicant who is not available to participate in all of the aforementioned dates should not apply. If you have concerns or questions, email Jansen Rouillard at firstname.lastname@example.org**
Applicants who have submitted a completed application will be prompted to sign up for a group interview in the applicant portal. These interviews will be conducted October 11th-20th, 2023. Group interviews will take place in the Tate Student Center, in both Room 137 and Room 480, so please verify the location of your interview upon registration. They will last approximately 1 hour and attire for these interviews is business casual. The last day to sign up for a group interview is Monday, October 9th, 2023 at 5pm.
The personal introduction provides us with more information about applicants who were offered an individual interview. The personal introduction is submitted electronically in the applicant portal. Applicants should provide us further insight into their personality, what they love about UGA, and why they want to be an Orientation Leader. The personal introduction is due by Monday, October 30, 2023 at 5:00pm.
Applicants invited to the individual interview process will be able to sign up for an interview time slot in the applicant portal. These interviews will occur November 1st – November 9th, 2023. If invited for an individual interview, you will receive information regarding that next step, including location and time. The attire for these interviews is business professional, and these interviews will last approximately 30 minutes.
For additional information about the New Student Orientation program or the Orientation Leader experience, refer to orientation.uga.edu or contact Jansen Rouillard (email@example.com) Assistant Director of New Student Orientation. Good luck!