The 2022 Orientation Leader application will open on September 1st at 8am and close on September 24th at 5pm. The process includes an online application, group interviews, a creative personal introduction, and an individual interview.
The online application will have two parts. The first part includes questions regarding your major, year, involvements, and experiences at UGA. The second part will ask you to record a response to 1 video essay question. You will be given 1 minute to prepare a response to each question and have 45 seconds to give your response.
An applicant for the 2022 Orientation Leader team must:
- Be enrolled full-time at the University of Georgia as an undergraduate student currently and for the Spring and Fall of 2022
- Be in good academic and judicial standing
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75
An Orientation Leader will be expected to do the following:
- Serve as a resource to students and families during and after Orientation by answering questions, sharing information and personal anecdotes, and connecting them to campus resources.
- Serve as a group leader and discussion facilitator for students during each Orientation session.
- Live in the Orientation residence hall throughout the summer.
- Perform in skits and other presentations at Orientation.
- Complete various orientation tasks including but not limited to providing an engaging tour of campus, serving on panels, administrative duties, and social media posts.
The 2022 Orientation Leaders must be available for the following dates:
- December 1, 2021, 3:00pm-5:00pm
- First Team Meeting
- January – May 2022 Wednesdays from 3:00pm – 5:00pm
- Weekly Training Meetings
- January 14 – 16, 2022
- Orientation Leader Retreat
- February 5, 2022
- Team Meeting
- February 26, 2022
- Team Meeting
- March 10-13, 2022
- Southern Regional Orientation Workshop
- April 16, 2022
- Team Meeting
- May 20 – June 1, 2022
- Orientation Leader Training
- June 2 – August 5, 2022
- Summer Orientation
- June 25, 2022
- Mid-summer Retreat
- August 15, 2022
- Late Orientation Session
- August 16, 2022
- Freshmen Welcome
- Fall 2022
- Co-Facilitate a UNIV Seminar Course
- Register for UNIV 1204: Preparing for Peer Learning: Undergraduate Facilitator Training
- WelcomeUGA Events
**Any prospective applicant who is not available to participate in all of the aforementioned dates should not apply.
Applicants who have submitted a completed application will be prompted to sign up for a group interview in the applicant portal. These interviews will be conducted October 7th-15th, 2021. Group interviews will take place in the Tate Student Center. As you sign up for a group interview block, the specific Tate room will be listed. They will last approximately 1 hour and attire for these interviews is business casual. The last day to sign up for a group interview is Wednesday, October 6th at 5pm.
The personal introduction provides us with more information about applicants who were offered an individual interview. The personal introduction is submitted electronically in the applicant portal. Applicants should provide us further insight into their personality, what they love about UGA, and why they want to be an Orientation Leader. The personal introduction is due by Monday, November 1st, 2021 at 5:00pm. All applicants moving forward in the interview process will need to submit their personal introduction before they will be able to sign up for an individual interview.
Applicants invited to the individual interview process will be able to sign up for an interview time slot in the applicant portal. All applicants must turn in their personal introduction piece before signing up for an individual interview. These interviews will occur November 3rd – November 12th, 2021. If invited for an individual interview, you will receive information regarding that next step, including location and time. The attire for these interviews is business professional, and these interviews will last approximately 30 minutes.
For additional information about the New Student Orientation program or the Orientation Leader experience, refer to orientation.uga.edu or contact, Nic Laconico (email@example.com), Assistant Director of New Student Orientation. Good luck!