To-Do List for New Students
Before you come for Orientation:
Below you will find a number of items that should be completed prior to coming to your Orientation session. As you complete the Pre-Orientation to-do list, please know that failure to complete any of these tasks may prevent you from being able to register for classes at your chosen Orientation session.
1. Check the Admissions Office's Application Status Check for confirmation of your scheduled Orientation session.
2. Clear all holds on your account. Holds can be viewed on the Application Status Check.
3. Have your official transcripts sent to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions from any high school, college or university where you have taken classes before your orientation session.
4. Memorize your UGA Student ID Number: Your nine-digit, student-specific number that will be important at Orientation and while you are a student at UGA.
5. Memorize your MyID Password: Your MyID is the username for numerous UGA systems, including email, class registration and wireless access. You should have received an email about your MyID shortly after being accepted to UGA. Be sure you know your MyID password before arriving for orientation. Need help? Visit myid.uga.edu or call the EITS Help Desk at 706-542-3106.
6. Pre-Orientation Placement Testing: Visit the University Testing Services page to determine if you need testing. Students are encouraged to schedule these tests prior to their Orientation session. Testing will depend on what Advanced Placement or International Baccalaureate exams you have taken; how you scored on SAT or ACT exams; and what exams you need to move forward.
7. Prepare for Advising & Course Registration: Review and complete the UGA Bulletin Instructions and Worksheet. Review the Orientation Advising page for questions about advising, majors, academic resources or major changes.
8. Explore the First-Year Odyssey Seminars: All First-Year students are required to take a one-hour First-Year Odyssey Seminar. There are more than 300 seminar topics to choose from, but we encourage you to come prepared with at least 10 seminars that you are interested in. Complete the FYO Worksheet and bring it to your advising appointment. Spaces in these courses are released throughout the summer, so your first choice may not be available.
9. Complete the Soft Skills and Grit Scale assessments prior to meeting with your academic advisor to ensure a meaningful advising session.
10. AlcoholEdu and HAVEN - You MUST complete part 1 of AlcoholEdu and Haven by the following deadlines:
| Semester Starting at UGA
|| Deadline to Complete Part I
|Summer and Fall 2016
||Available July 11 - August 1, 2016
| Spring 2017
Students entering Fall 2016 will have access beginning in July. If you miss your deadline, you will see a hold on your registration preventing you from registering for the next semester's classes.